View Single Post
      11-15-2023, 06:26 AM   #43
2022M550i
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2022 M550i, 2015 Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGT2 View Post
It is promising. Not just the EV experience but the whole car.

It sort solidified my initial thought that comparing the G30 and G60 isn’t really the right approach. The G30 and F10 are more related. You can see it in the interior and exterior design, the model and powertrain variations, etc. I think the G30 is just the end of that family line.

The G60 is related but as a very distant cousin with the same name. It’s big. It feels and looks bigger. You’re sitting higher off the ground, or it certainly seems like it. More like a 7 in that way. It’s a step up in luxury for sure. The base seats and upholstery were comfortable and pleasant. The seats are very substantial, I’d say. The whole car is.

The screen actually flows okay. I hope they improve the integration into the dash in the future but this isn’t bad. It fits the interior fine. I did not play in the screen or idrive much because I wanted to focus on the driving and didn’t want to take more than half an hour since I’m not buying.

The lack of buttons was not as off putting in practice as I expected in theory. The idrive knob and menu/media/nav “buttons” are there. Except they aren’t buttons, they are just icons on the surface and you hit them as if they were buttons. Same for climate control and door lock/unlock. There is a volume knob in the center console but it’s more like a roller than a knob, which was cool. So I could control the media, volume, AC, windows, and door locks without using the touchscreen. It’s different but also familiar enough that it’s not a “culture shock” of sorts.

The flat bottom [...]
Fantastic summary. This car may be perfect for us (height wise) as we get older and develop knee/back/ hip problems… I am already there, Joe-BMW33 is working his way there. The geriatric choice.

The car looks like crossoverish to me.
Appreciate 3
Joe-BMW337484.50
NGT25755.50
Gautam622.50