View Single Post
      10-29-2020, 10:33 PM   #2
faz999
Rep
Drives: Bmw 530I 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauritzen DK View Post
My 530e suddenly shows "battery low in the key FOB". It should be a no-brainier so I changed the battery but even with a new battery, the car still reports low-batt. on start-up.

So I switched to the other key FOB and after two trips, the other key FOB triggers a low-batt message when I start the car.

Should the low-batt message be reset after battery exchange or what am I doing wrong?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauritzen DK View Post
My 530e suddenly shows "battery low in the key FOB". It should be a no-brainier so I changed the battery but even with a new battery, the car still reports low-batt. on start-up.

So I switched to the other key FOB and after two trips, the other key FOB triggers a low-batt message when I start the car.

Should the low-batt message be reset after battery exchange or what am I doing wrong?
holding the key fob next to the steering column in the area marked " hold key here" while starting the car.

Make sure you have good battery contact. Remove battery battery connection spring it up little so battery make good connection

That the only two things I recommend
Appreciate 1
claykin1587.50