View Single Post
      06-02-2015, 11:09 PM   #15
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx10guy View Post
The NVR only records when there is a motion event. I have the sensitivity cranked up pretty high right now. You can adjust the motion detection field of view so it's not triggering on areas you don't care about. I haven't found where I can set how long the NVR stores the video. So far, it seems that the NVR just keeps recording till it runs out of space and then deletes the oldest video at that point. As I said, 4TBs of storage seems like it'll provide years of archives. The nice thing about the NVR is there is a calendar which you just click on the particular day you want to see any captured video. The playback screen has a time bar at the bottom you can grab and scroll. Any captured video shows up as pink bars. This allows you to be able to quickly hone in on the time interval you're looking for. The NVR will also record audio if the camera has this capability...another bonus.

As far as powering the cameras if the power gets cut off, the NVR has a built in PoE switch. If I were using the NVR to supply power and network connectivity, I would definitely use a bigger UPS to ensure the NVR and camera have enough juice to run for a bit. But in my setup, I'm using a separate PoE+ capable switch that is also on its own UPS'. The switch has dual redundant power supplies and I have each power supply on a separate UPS.

I haven't considered ordering direct from China. The people at Wrightwood have been very good about spending time with me on the phone and via email both pre and post sales. I'd rather pay more for the support I'm getting. But that's just my personal decision and what works for me.

And since you saw the review of the Dahua, you can now understand why I keep gravitating back to wanting to buy one.
Nice setup! You should definitely be covered once the power goes out. Which UPS are you using? Curious as it might be time for me to invest in one. If the cameras have edge recording, then it doesn't matter if the PC or NVR go down, as it'll keep recording on the SD card since it'll have a UPS connected to it.

So on the NVR, is that connected to its own monitor? Or do you just remote into it and watch it from your computer?
Appreciate 0