01-08-2018, 12:37 PM   #30
timmahh
ghey
United_States
Rep
Drives: Viertürigen Fahrzeugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab3_Fr0man View Post
Center vents are now set to full heat, from neutral. I can't notice a dif but I'm not on a long highway trip in -30..

When I set the center vents to full cold in the summer it did nothing, so I don't expect this to do much either. Main reason: The front center vents suck, they barely move any air at all.

*taking the car in next week - I will post back once they have a look at the HVAC / Heat Issue.

Thanks everyone.
Quote:
Originally Posted by en1gma View Post
I also find the central vents do not push as much air as my previous cars - irrespective of setting.

Whereas I usually like a gentle breeze past my face, my wife used to turn the vents in completely the other direction as she doesn't like such a draft. In the G30, she doesn't feel a thing and leaves the vents in whatever position input I last set them to...

The center vents definitely do not push as much air as what I experienced in my F30, but I will say closing the rear passenger vents helps a bit. The iDrive based temp adjustment is definitely noticeable for me though; more often than not I make a slight adjustment to it as opposed to modifying my temp (usually 73-74). Annoying that they made it more complicated by embedding it into iDrive [only].