04-29-2018, 10:55 AM   #3
ksa
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: Aston Martin Vantage & others

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopgearLA View Post
If it makes you feel any better even regular paint would have the same repair. Nothing short of repainting the whole thing will work to get rid of deep ones but in your case a real good detailer may be able to touch it up. You can’t buff or polish it out. Just look for a great BMW paint n repair shop. If you’re as bad as me OCD wise and bought your car you may consider a clear matter wrap ironically to prevent it again. I take nothing more personal than people fucking with your property out of pure jealousy. At least look at at this way that someone is so pathetic and sad about their state in life they had to blindly take it out on you. I truly empathize as I’ve had shit happen to some previous cars.
Thank you for the suggestion. Yea, I can't get my head around as to how someone can stoop so low to damage someone's property for no reason whatsoever other than pure jealousy. The day after this incident I noticed our brand new Range Rover was also scratched on one of the plastic mouldings at the back where it looks like someone tried to scrape the letter 'R' into it. Unrelated incidents but just strange.

I had spoken to a detailer who mentioned with frozen paint you can't use wax as that will take out the dull finish of the frozen paint so can't buff/polish it out. On a regular paint with thin scratches I could have tried buffing/polishing. I had contemplated a wrap but having spent a lot of money on that in the past and me switching cars often it ended up being a further waste of money so I decided not to go with it this time.
Appreciate 1
TopgearLA119.50