View Single Post
      06-19-2018, 09:00 AM   #1
750iHelp
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 750i

Issue with my 2007 750i - Will Venmo $100 to whoever helps solve it

Hi guys, I am in desperate need of help in fixing an issue with my 2007 750i. Any help is greatly appreciated. I will try to keep this as short as possible.

8 months ago I attempted to engage my automatic parking break and I received a "parking brake malfunction" error message. After tons of research, I figured out the plastic gear in the actuator was broken. I ended up replacing the plastic gear with a new metal/stainless steel gear.

The car sat at my parents house for approximately 3 weeks while I waited for the part and OBD to arrive (inspection expired in April so I didn't want to drive it). Once I received my Foxwell Obd, I turned the car on and received a low battery warning. I have since driven the car enough to charge the battery back up to 100% (verified with AutoZone)

Upon plugging in the OBD scanner, I was able to clear the parking brake malfunction code, however, I now have a new error message. The new error message is "parking brake fault" and "dbc malfunction." When i scan the car, the code is error 6023 "wheel-speed sensor." I purchased 2 new rear wheel speed sensors and replaced the old ones and I still have these errors.
I am at a total loss for words and money. Please help me. I'm afraid to drive the car in fear of something else breaking. Any help will be greatly appreciate.

I have detailed the codes that I am receiving below. Please please please help me. I swear on everything I will Venmo $100 to whoever helps me clear these codes on my own, I put that on everything. I really don’t want to have to take the car to the bmw stealership.

A3BA - No message from parking brake receiver
9CAC - Brake light switch faulty
5EAB - DSC - Wheel Speed Sensor (rear right)
5F00 - DSC - Brake signal from engine control unit

Prior to the gear breaking in my parking brake, I had never had these error messages before. I only received the above errors after replacing the broken plastic gear and then clearing the parking brake malfunction error code.
Appreciate 0