02-06-2020, 01:03 PM   #24
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveinArizona View Post
I guess I am in the minority. I think the new screens look chunky and not attractive at all. They look like they were simply stuck on rather than designed integrally.

I could not buy this car. I would have to stare at these screens everytime I got in.
You are. It's sexy af!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenB925 View Post
I am not bothered by them, when they are lit up they look good. I am concerned about them long term however. We have had our screen replaced once, and the onstar module replaced, both at our cost. I also wonder (assume) that Cadillac is using their own 'software' the CUE system on the current Escalade (my wifes car) is far inferior to the system in my ZL1.

This looks like a pretty good offering for the segment, where Cadillac really falls apart is the service department experience, and it would be so easy for them to fix.
1. Have service loaners available, GM makes plenty of shitty Cadillac branded cars, and honestly I don't care if my loaner is another brand. Just make it easy like BMW, Porsche, Mercedes and Audi.
2. Wash the damn car before you return it.
Had an older XTS (2014 maybe?) even back then it had a fully digital gauge cluster, it was very nice during the day, but at night the crappy contrast level threw it off. You could see the glow from the black areas and just made it look meh. OLED should resolve this and in this case with the multiple screens would make it look like a single large screen. I think regular LCD would not look good in this setup.

That being said I LOVED the XTS. The ride was amazing while at the same time it did not feel like a boat. Felt quite sporty for its size, I'm guessing it had something to do with the mag ride. Interior, while not as nice as this, was very nice, everything leather, everything high quality and the sound system was amazing also. All that being said, thank god it was under warranty because that thing was at the dealer every other day for stupid shit. Dealer experience was top notch though, I was in and out in 5min with a brand new loaner to drive around even for a 30min fix.
Appreciate 0