Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbot1 View Post
Great write-up!

I'm moving into a 2017 540i xDrive tomorrow w/ 24k miles-- Imperial Blue on Cognac. Moving from a 2008 Accord..

It has the HK system (sounds like it's not worth it), premium and driver's assistance package, as well as soft close doors (really don't want those, honestly), and power rear shade.

Wondering about the 2017 "Drivers Assistance Package" (not the plus version). Does it come with active braking or even braking alert? Same for lane departure... active, passive, or neither?

Thanks in advance!
I find the HK system underwhelming compared to my ‘14 C300 that I moved from. The 5 series seems a bit underpowered. But, that doesn’t mean it isn’t worth it either. It was a ~$900 option when I ordered and if it is only OK I imagine base system would be extremely underwhelming. The Burmeister probably sounds great, but I wasn’t interested in dropping ~$5K on it. I don’t listen to music that much in my car to justify that outsized price.

The HK doesn’t sound horrible either. I just would like a bit more bass from the sub honestly.
Appreciate 1