View Single Post
      10-22-2015, 06:03 PM   #5
solstice
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vetkin View Post
Normally if I see snow in the morning I work from home. It's the rare surprise dustings in the afternoon while I'm already at work that worry me. Had that happen in my S2000 once and I could barely keep it moving straight in the parking lot, so I'm familiar with how terrible performance tires are on ice. I have no plans to purposefully drive in those conditions this year, and I can imagine with the low end torque of the f8x it would be much worse.

Maybe with El Niņo this year I can hold off on the winters until next year. Thanks for the input!
Yeah, in the 16 years I've been here I've been "surprised" ( bad planning ) three times were there's been significant and full snow cover to deal with on performance tires on my RWD cars. It demands careful planning of route, driving style and patience to not put yourself or other at risk and arrive safely at home. I've never been stuck or hit something but It's not enjoyable. Luckily it's rather easy to avoid since weather forecast for the next hours are pretty good. I have no plans to get snow tires.
Appreciate 0