Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Fractals View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin30x View Post
Wire tune, unless gearbox isn’t done right. Mine does 479/670nm and get below 4.0 3.7 but I only miss active cruise control (wasn’t available from bmw in first days) later it comes as part of package I’ve got on car but I pay low tax as I bought it before 30.03.2017 (from 01.04.2017 I would have to pay premium tax for up to 5 years) haha.

For gearbox in 540i I recommend mission tuning. You don’t have to drive to them just you will laptop and 30 dollar cable of eBay . (massive difference in gearbox) had to adjust to car power after gearbox tune. It was ohh fuck, pulls as crazy in mid section right to the top with lowered springs and (6x geometry adjusts) it’s like sticker to road at speeds 120mph right to top speed speed 200mph.
So, I ended up with Remus exhaust and BM3 (bootmod3) tune. Right now I have the Stage 1 91ACN tune due to having crap gas in Cali. I will probably do Stage 2 later down the road with a highflow cat or catless (haven't decided yet).

Very happy with the combo! However, I am not certain if I need a tune for the transmission. Do you think the Mission 8HP50 tune is needed?
I have the Dinan Stage 1 tune on my 540 and I love it but I'm not happy with the transmission. It hesitates between shifts quite often. Would love to hear your experience.

Martin, thanks for the info on the transmission tune. Going to check it out now.
Appreciate 0