View Single Post
      09-28-2017, 04:04 PM   #3
Frank851
Admiral
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 Z4MC, '19 X5 xDrive40i

I'm not an expert on this but you can get access to this car by notifying her that she will have to pay you storage fees on the car starting on ... for $xx per day, check with your local towing yards to see what they are charging for secure, garaged storage. Then, when she doesn't pay you can request that the car be used to satisfy the payments due to you. If she owns the car with no liens then it is really easy to get the title assigned to you as default payment for the storage fees.

I'd check with a local tow yard, they do this all the time and may share some info on how your local laws work..

I know because my son did not pay the storage charges for his car that was still titled in my name in another state. The tow yard never notified me, they just had the title assigned to them for payment, I didn't even know about it until after the title was in their name.

Not a fan of tow yards ripping off people, but the laws are there to make sure they get paid. You can use this to your advantage. You may want to lawyer up and get the title by using this tactic for storage costs. Check it out. Good luck.

I agree a BMW is better than a Honda.
Appreciate 1
Naz241627.50