Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandemonious View Post
Thanks for all the replies everyone!

To add to this without giving too much info - this girl basically came into a shit load of legitimate money so she has what I'd like to call "fuck it" money... hence why she left the car here and just bought a new one

I do agree with most of you that is seems like too much of a hassle.... but I have communications and recorded calls of her saying she does not care if I keep it but that she doesn't have time to get me a new title.

I just don't think shit like this happens. I questioned if the car was stolen but I checked... no liens no reports no accidents no major drivetrain work... just a really nice car. My civic is also on it's last legs barring major engine and tranny work. I can see the BMW going for another 40k easily.

Guess I'm gonna look into some of the suggestions here, but I think I'm gonna hound her for a while longer and see if the NC Abandonded Vehicle process comes through. I don't mind storing it, no skin off my back. I'm planning on moving out of state next summer so if I can't figure it out by then.... junk yard it is I guess!
If your civic is on it's last legs, then it is definitely worth looking into getting this 328 on the road. Even if you plan on selling it, the lowest priced 328XI in my area is for sale for $4800 with 200k miles. The one you are sitting on is worth more than just sending it to the junkyard. Like I said before, it might be worth contacting a lawyer (even if it costs a bit) to see if what you have as far as recorded calls, etc are enough. If they aren't, then pursue the abandoned vehicle ownership thing.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0