AlteBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 760ix; '23 X3; '23 MB wgn

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BVB09 View Post
Used to have an Audi wagon - most practical vehicle for our family. Just wonder why Mercedes can continue to offer their E class wagon along with all their SUVs but BMW won't.
It isn't as if BMW doesn't make wagons. They just choose not to import into the US. Now I understand the 3 series wagon will no longer be sold in the US as well. BMW is all in to SUVs in the US. I understand this is a business decision, but I do not understand the appeal of a SUV with SUV ride, size, etc. compared to a wagon, which is built on a car chassis and provides handling, exit/entry and performance of a car alomng with the practicality of the space in the back. I believe if BMW properly marketed wagons, they could sell enough to be profitable. It may be that because the SUVs are made in South Carolina that the economics are very different for BMW.
Appreciate 0