10-12-2010, 05:51 PM   #16
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBX View Post
about to order a winter rim/tire package for my xi. Tirerack is suggestion 205's. While i know they will be better in the snow, i'm not sure how much of a trade off such a narrow tire is performance wise. What have most of you gotten? Planning on getting either LM25's or Dunlop Winter Sport 3D. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Strange, when I recently bought my winter wheel/tire setup from TireRack for my 09' 328ix - they highly recommended the Blizzak WS70's for my type of winter driving, the wheels are 17", stock width, and the tire recommended size was 225/45R17

I did not buy RFT's as I am trying to wean the car entirely off them. I didn't buy tires capable of extreme speeds because I normally drive slower in winter. Here in my area of PA we do occasionally get significant snowfalls, but normally it is slight snow combined with a lot of ice. Driving to fast on roads in the winter can jump up and bite you in the ass when you come upon that patch of Black Ice at just the wrong spot...
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit

Last edited by 1QuikWS6; 10-12-2010 at 05:56 PM..
Appreciate 0