View Single Post
      08-31-2016, 06:38 PM   #28
itrsteve
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahero4eternity View Post
It's the hipster thing to do, after all.
It's not a hipster thing at all. It's a whole different way to enjoy the process of photography. Some enjoy taking pictures, reviewing through the LCD then making them look decent in photoshop. And if you seek joy in that then good on you.

But if you want to put thought behind every shot because there is a cost impact, take your previously made mistakes and hope to god it comes out as you planned and then when your final shot comes out there's a feeling of anticipation and anxiety as you reveal it for the first time. Sometimes you fall on your face, but you'll make damn sure that you analyze your mistakes and build off them.

I say this from strictly a hobby perspective and not for anybody making a living off it but I've never enjoyed shooting digital, not the least bit satisfying. My 5d mk2 collected dust for 7 years before I came to grips that it was worthless to me; however, my hasselblad, I've had for 12 years and hope to be buried with it (hell, it's even tattooed on my arm).

Different strokes for different folks, but I feel bad for anybody that calls themselves a photographer and has not got to experience film to some degree. I truly think they're missing out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixel8ed View Post
I still blow some film through my hasselblad so once in a while. Shot them mostly with Pollaroid/Fuji till they decided to kill 100c. Have 2 and a half packs left will probably blow them on the next model and let her sell them.
Deeply saddened by Fuji just killing FP100c out of the blue. I have 10 packs in the fridge that are now suppose to last me a lifetime. I'm hoarding Provia 100 in the meantime, I'm sure that can't be far away.