View Single Post
      08-21-2020, 01:31 PM   #7
haustheiss
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5, 2018 X5, 2021 540xi

18 months later

I just ordered 2021 540x with M Sport passive suspension. Are you still satisfied with suspension for all around driving, especially over bumpy pavement?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsbrown View Post
Since this was first posted 4 months back you've probably already ordered or received the car. As others have suggested, drive the different options before you buy. For the benefit of anyone reading this that is still trying to decide, here's my input.

I ordered the standard 704 sports suspension on my 540i M Sport and love it. I've had 2 previous BMWs with the adaptive suspension - 7 years with an E90 M3 with EDC where there was little difference between Comfort, Sport and Sport Plus and 2 years with an F30 340i with Adaptive M Suspension where Sport was too firm on runflat tires and comfort was too soft/floaty regardless of tires. My experience with BMW is that the standard 704 sport suspension (passive, not EDC adjustable) is the goldilocks suspension. There may be times you want a little more firm or more comfort, but 95% of the time this is just right, especially on the G30. My last 5er M Sport - an E39 528i 6MT Sport - also had the standard 704 sport suspension at the time and was equally good for that car. Then again, there will be plenty of owners that swear by the adaptive and that's just fine.
Appreciate 0