View Single Post
      06-24-2019, 01:51 PM   #4366
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
So, I really had to think about this. I am in my early 40's and I don't think I have every really been in a 'fight'.

There have been a few minor events where words started or where there was a single punch, but never a full on brawl.

This does not count active military engagements, mind you, but still - I guess that is a good thing, eh?
That's a good thing! In my opinion it's best to know how to defend yourself in the event that you are attacked but I've never enjoyed fighting. I tried my best to avoid them when I was younger as I got way worse than the fight itself after my father found out. I've found that the only thing worse than getting beat up is genuinely hurting the other person. If a man has a big enough heart he sincerely feels remorse for hurting the other person.

Not to get on the "cool story bro" train, but my closest friend let a guy get to him so much one day that when they actually fought, my buddy stomped the guys head. He never returned to school after that fight. He has severe brain damage and has a personal care giver with him at all times. This guy went from being one of the biggest bullies you would ever meet to needing someone to change his diapers. I'm a firm believer that some people do need a good slap in the head on occasion. Any fight that I have ever been in that resulted in my ass being handed to me, I deserved it. I also think that if people actually feared or have seen the damage that other people can do to them, this would eliminate a lot of the BS that we have going on in society these days; however, a person can also take it too far and seriously have a negative impact on the rest of a persons life.

I'm also a firm believer that intelligent men/gentlemen don't fight. If you can't discuss your problems and sort them out verbally, physically attacking the other person isn't going to solve the problem. On the other end of the spectrum if a person physically attacks me, I'm sure as hell not going to stand there and take it.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8208.00