Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowestBMWDriver View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjr24 View Post
That is correct......you got this touchpad if you have 4-zone climate control. It's not an option on the BMW site I don't think.....but some have added it in via their dealer. I know when I built my M550I it was not an option. I do love the touchscreen in my M5 now. I actually think it's the nicest touchscreen A/C heat controls of any BMW as the 7 series also has this same touchscreen.....not sure if it's a little bigger or not. It may indeed be the exact same unit. The 8 series/X5 and X7 went back to hitting buttons to do all that and that setup just looks cheaper in my opinion there.
Just to add as data point for those looking for used parts... I do not have comfort seats or 4-zone climate control on my 540, but I still have this touchpad.

I saw a 530 at the dealership that looks pretty stripped out, that car has this touchpad as well. I'm in Canada.
The touchpad is nice but like I said earlier is very prone to develop unsightly horizontal lines across the display.

Before: 2011 BMW 328i E90 sedan, Platinum Bronze Metallic, Dakota Brown leather, 17 inch wheels, 6-speed auto, N52 6 Cyl inline N/A goodness....
Appreciate 0