View Single Post
      09-17-2019, 11:47 AM   #15
nlaak
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjscsix View Post
Aren’t there various ways to configure it? Most of the responses here are loaners and you may not have taken the time to study that.
The 'data area' (whatever they call it) on the right is configurable through 7-9 different groups of stuff (entertainment, tire pressures/temps, etc). You can enable mapping/nav in the center area (and maybe swap in something else, not sure about that) and the left side is always occupied with things like ACC and LK info.

Personally I like the new info on the cluster, but everything that doesn't absolutely need to be there (in that it's shown no where else) can be turned off. I rarely look at it all that much because I have a HUD and am always looking there. My HUD has speed limit, speed, tach and the nav info (when I have a route running). I only wish the HUD showed the turn signals, where I have my wheel placed I can't see the turn signals without tilting my head down.

It's surprisingly functional and shows what you need in a concise display. I find it strange the intense dislike for the tach (which I admit is a little odd) on a car that is strictly an automatic. Sure, you can shift it manually (especially in the M5) but who the hell is staring at the tach when you are. If I'm running my engine up the RPMs hard enough to want to do a power shift of some point, I'm staring out at the road and listening to the engine (or looking at the HUD), not looking down at the cluster. I don't know anyone with a traditional manual that looks at the tach once they're comfortable with their car.
Appreciate 0