03-17-2017, 04:39 AM   #21
ajfoggy
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: C63s - S205 - Brilliant Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdubya View Post
Sorry everyone it's been a busy week. I will get some pics taken.

The ivory leather is stunning. The luxury seating package is fantastic. Full massage is awesome and the seats are super comfortable.

The Bluestone is cool. It looks different colors in different light. In sunlight it looks very different than in the shade or at night. Even different times of the day it looks different. I had the windows tinted today, and with the black M Sport window trim it looks fantastic.

On the exhaust, I'm coming from a 2014 550i that had the M5 muffler conversion on it (with valve control). I loved my M5 exhaust. The sound was perfect and a million times better than the stock 550, and I was bummed that it couldn't be used on the G30 (single backpipe, no vacuum valves, and hard to fit). That being said, the M performance exhaust sounds great. It is especially fantastic over 3000 rpm. However, unlike the M5 exhaust that had valves that would typically close at lower volume, the M performance one does not. This means that the exhaust drones quite a bit at lower rpm, and is pretty loud, especially noticeable at freeway speeds. This would be the perfect exhaust if it had a valve that could shut off some flow at lower rpm like the normal M exhausts. Without it, it's a bit too loud for my taste. I will either be switching it out for something else or I will try to modify the exhaust to put a close off valve on one side like the stock 540i exhaust comes with. Since the 540i comes with electronic valve control, I'm hoping I can retrofit it. If neither work, I'll likely trade/sell it for stock exhaust. I'm open to ideas and feedback.

J
Are these not the standard tips??
Appreciate 0