View Single Post
      01-29-2018, 01:12 PM   #23
MaximusB
Major
Rep
Drives: 13 Frozen White E92

Hey man, you're not alone for sure. Try to find an outlet/hobby, cars could be one but like other have said working out or participate in a sport is also a great way. I know someone who had depression and he found out volunteering and talking/helping other people have had really helped him out.

As for car meets (since I am in Vancouver as well), I would say avoid all the big one organized by Rev Scene. It is pretty hard to meet people there because majority of them tends to ignore you unless you own the same car as them, but they won't really respect you unless you're car have more mods than them...etc. In my experience all big car Rev Scene meets in Vancouver turns into a dick measuring contest between individual car clubs. The bug Thursday night meet at Market Crossing got shut down for awhile because a few guys from the mustang club were doing burnouts and started a fight with another club. Cops and News media all showed up, and made a huge deal out of it in the end.

I'll PM information about the BC BMW club, the crowds in that club are older and more mature. They hold a handful of events every year (almost one a month) and the gatherings are always fun and it is not just all car talks.
Appreciate 1