View Single Post
      02-26-2010, 10:28 AM   #1
Flapps
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 Vert, Silverstone II DCT.

Mexican stand-off for an oil change

An interesting situation has arisen today. I'm due an oil change in the next few months and have been reading other posts re supplying my own oil and getting the stealer to complete said oil change, just using the oil I supplied. I have contact my local stealer today ( I wont name and shame at this point!) and explained the above situation. I was initally told that they will do the oil change using the oil I supply but will not stamp my service book. I informed them that the oil I supply will be BMW approved via opie oils, and I can't see what the problem is. Their reply was "its policy". I stated that it seems like they are throwing their teddy out of the pram and that other dealerships are happy to do it, plus my repeat custom to them maybe at risk.

The adviser went away and spoke to the service manager and the best offer they could come up with is they provide the oil, do the change as well as supply and change the filters and micro filters for £300 all in. If I had the oil change with my oil they'll charge me £60 plus the cost of the filters and micro filters at £120.00 inc VAT. The oil change by itself will cost me £224ish+ VAT.

The current situation is open ended at the moment as its not an immediate rush to get the oil change done, got 7000 miles to play with so not a burning problem.

Has anyone else experienced this type of reception?

Flapps.