Canada
Rep
Drives: Lucy.

Garage List
2015 F80 M3  [10.00]
2013 MB E350 Wagon  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundstream View Post
I had originally wanted Tanzanite at first, but have settled on AY in my mind. The main reason is that while Tanzanite looks wonderful when clean, it looks pretty much black on an overcast day and shows dirt easily.
It is not quite black (I currently have a BSM 328 to compare) but, yeah, it definitely darkens up a whole lot in the cloud.

....and, yes, the dirt. I will be washing my ride weekly at least during the snow/thaw/snow/thaw/snow/thaw winters we get in Calgary. At least our summers can be quasi-drought like....

BUT, when she is clean........
Quote:
It has DCT, Premium, Executive, Connected Drive, and M adaptive suspension, so it is decently equipped. I'd just like a little more on it (speed limit info and garage door opener). Those aren't deal breakers, but I have gotten very used to those options in my current vehicle..
Funny. I got every single option EXCEPT speed limit info and park assist. I figured I know the speed limit (and I can set a speed warning at, say, 135 anyway.....). What are the benefits you get from that one? (not challenging, more curious as to what I missed out on)

And, yeah, the built in garage door opener is nice (comes with one of the packages, though....)

Quote:
The main issue I have is that the Tanzanite that they have has the Aluminum trim and I preferred the carbon fibre. As well, I think the Tanzanite needs the silver wheels for a bit of contrast and theirs comes with the darker wheels. Both can probably be switched, but not sure I want to do that to get a vehicle that is my second choice colour.
I had the same thought on wheels, but stuck dark and got the dark kidney grill surrounds from iND (along with front reflector covers). This sets up a general blue/black (with mild chrome) contrast which actually works very nicely (roof is black/carbon, body is blue, most accents black). A bit of aggression/dark menace which then contrasts with my SS interior. (but I kept up the contrast theme with the individual piano black trim interior - agree that the aluminum is not the best)

Quote:
They have the same config in both coupe and convertible format ... just not sure I want to spend the extra on the convertible and lose some performance at the same time.
For most of the driving most people here do, the performance loss with the 'vert will be pretty minimal. If you were into serious tracking/racing, I would think it is a bigger issue.....but ask someone like GrussGott who drives his 'verts hard in NoCal - I don't think he minds the extra few pounds and in nice weather.........

Anyway, all very fun decisions!

(and have you checked out the stock at other dealerships? There is a ton here in Alberta that can likely be shipped to you that might make sense....who knows, with some recent sphincter clinching over oil prices you might even be able to score a good deal here)

I had a thread with links to the big Calgary and Edmonton dealers here (links still work/will update with new stock) http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1067344