10-04-2016, 08:03 PM   #123
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc3 View Post
Of course some people use comparison reviews to help the purchase process. Buyers will look at reviews on reliability some might be influenced by write ups on green credentials. Others might be influenced by what certain test drivers say. In the U.K people like Chris Harris have an influence in the performance car sector etc etc

Others will be influenced by social media especially when looking for the best finance etc

Always a worry when corporate people are so defensive usually means the business is under pressure and not in listening mode !
Scott refers to the generic buyers, we're not. Probably Nobody in this forum is. It is the 30 something blonde dropping here kids at school with the 218d or X1 20i. We're a niche that have to move out to a porsche panamera. I can't, since I don't want to (can't) spend the cash for a simple few miles a day commute. So in your absence, I'll discuss further with Scott.

I' am not pleased how BMW seems to distance itself continuously from its own plethora of asceticism, which was, remind me... driving dynamics. There was a time when BMW preached to the world that balance, composure and control where holly and not to be compromised, what ever.

"BMW will never do turbo since it's crap."
"M will always be manual".
"BMW will never do diesel".
"BMW will not go into suv".
"BMW is loyal to RWD".

lol, what a joke!

I guess, that marketing and time proved that all this was pure mumbo jumbo and make believe. All this being said, I still will probably aim for a G30 next year, and not the Audi nor Merc since the BMW will still eclipse them in the vehicle dynamics department.
Appreciate 0