10-12-2016, 06:23 PM   #71
KoenG
Lieutenant Colonel
Belgium
Rep
Drives: i4 eDrive40 & Cupra Leon 300

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkle Steve View Post
The interior is exactly the way I hoped it would be, but there is an insurmountable issue with the exterior of the car.

The tail lights of that rear are detestable. The design is beginning to closely resemble those thick ugly flippers on the 2nd gen x6. What was I hoping for? Something more curved, thinner and sleek like the current 7 series.

The reason that I'm so upset by this is because I was considering the next gen M5 as my next car. Does anyone else feel this way?

And to address the lack of sympathy that I may receive - vanity is never fair.
About the tail lights I agree. I've seen artist interpretations of spy photo's that demonstrate slick tail lights. Now they are too wide and too high. They where designed to look deliberatly out of proportion.

Also the overall design is not looking futuristic, rather conservative. The front lights are too tall also. I'am a bit afraid the std trim with normal 17 inch wheels will not impress at all.

I remember a topic here where BMW was bragging about the potential of led lamps and that they were the innovator to that respect. They even show prototypes with sharp light design (look at X2 in Paris now).

But for one reason or the other, when they translate to production, they need to inflate the lights.
Appreciate 1
Ganxxta84.50