10-13-2016, 10:37 AM   #41
BimmerGuyFL78
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW G30 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by S4NoMore View Post
That's a bit of a stretch.

The E34 headlights did not touch the kidney grills. Yes, they touched "grill" because the entire fascia surrounding the lights was grill, as with the preceding generations. However the kidneys were still narrow and the headlights were way out at the corners. With the E36 E38 and E39, BMW went away from that "all-grill" look and the kidneys became the only grill at headlight level, separated from the headlights by sheetmetal. Now with the most recent generations from F3x and up, even the SUVs, the sheetmetal gap is taken away for what is meant to be a more aggressive look.

I agree the G30 makes the F10 look a little dorky.. lol. But I still do like the rear of the F10.

Oh and I'm overjoyed to see that the hood now meets the kidneys. I hate that seam running across behind the roundel on F30, F10 etc.
I disagree, totally not a stretch. The headlights casing could be seen as the grill that connected to the kidneys. The headlights are the actual graphics under the casing. Notice the portion between the Kidneys is a continuation of the headlight casing. Pointed this to quite a few co-workers here at the BMW dealership I work with and they all agreed.
Appreciate 0