View Single Post
      10-15-2016, 10:25 PM   #95
usmabmass
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 550i, 23 i4 M50, 24 iX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
I am totally at home with the F10 interior, and see the dash layout as a classic BMW design. But I see a limitation of the screen position when we add the touch screen function. Does need being brought forward and turned to the driver for good ergonomics and to be put in the least distracting (high eye line) position. For me, has to be function over form as the design priority.
To be honest, I feel that the screen in the F10's dash feels really outdated to me. Its flat and boring - even my e60 has the flowy counters around the screen.

I also hated the idea of the "popup" screens at first, until i had a 4GC loaner for two weeks, and now i cant buy a car without it - it feels fresh and natural and there's an air of roominess because there's so much more open space around the screen. I'm at the point now where all of the cars with the old dashes just felt archaic to me - and its the reason that my wife got the new x1 instead of the x3 (we did a 2 year lease so we can get her inthe g01 when it comes out).

Give the g30 interior a chance when you take it for a spin - i have a feeling that once you get used to it, youll forget the f10 entirely.
Appreciate 0