Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMcoolX View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddien123 View Post
F10 has a nicer navigation screen. I hate that iPad stuck out of the dash look. Looks extremely cheap. But other than that the G30 wins in every aspect. It's actually a very nice progression unlike the E90 to F30. Well done BMW.
My feelings exactly!!! Can someone please help me to understand why they did this? What is the advantage, if any? My lease is up in 9 months, at which time I must decide whether to finance my current F10, pick-up a G30, or something else altogether. I was hoping the G30 would blow my socks off and make me buy it, but the '3-series looking' nav screen and rear-end are keeping my socks in place. If I had to decide right today, I'd be hanging onto the F10...at least long enough to see the LCI G30.
They do it because it's cheaper to stick it on top than to design a dash around it. Also, it does allow for larger screens which the market is demanding and it is easier to see I suppose. But it's like I said in the past, I'd rather have a less functional screen that looks elegant than an iPad that gives me 2-3 more inches of display. That may sound ridiculous but it's a car, it's meant to be driven not used for messaging and iPhone apps. Although that's just the old timer in me speaking!
Appreciate 0