View Single Post
      01-06-2017, 03:51 AM   #30
barnett
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E70 50i M Sport

As a BMW and Porsche owner the thing that bothers me the most is the pandering to technology. The biggest issue here is just as smart phones become old in a year or two (or incompatible with software releases etc) these generations of cars will suffer a similar thing.
I know that sounds negative but whilst I might like to visit an ice bar as a treat I'm not sure I want to drive in one every day, whilst I like the convience of a smart phone I would make a significant purchase (like a house or car) to use one and what happened to the focus on pure driving pleasure. If you buy something like this because hand gestures cancel an incoming calls, or neon mood lighting then I'd suggest you stop driving and get a taxi everywhere. I suspect we are all living in the accountant run company era, profit matters more than quality (I bet we all see it in our own company's or vendors) but I bet if we took these 'next generation versions back to the original Mr BMW or Mr Porsche they would say No Way.
People will be tripping over themselves to find a 1976 5 series and that's 40 years old, these new ones will be obsolete in less than 20... .....maybe that's the plan

rant over - sorry BMW you do make brilliant things, but please get back to cars and motorcycles.
Appreciate 0