Quote:
Originally Posted by VirtualGuitars View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by anastweetar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by anastweetar View Post
Question for you guys I'm trying to buying 550ix 2013 it's already 170k miles on it but they replaced the engine and put new one on it is it any problems if I get this car all the maintenance done by bmw dealership so can you give me any advice

Thanks a lot
Nobody can predict if the cars going to be alright or not... Some people get a brand new car and it's a lemon... Others drive their car for 200,000 miles without major issues... Why was the engine replaced? Who replaced the engine? There's quite a few intangibles here...

That is a metric fuck ton of miles though...
Reason for engine replacement: the front drive shaft broke and punched a hole in the engine block.
He said done the replace by bmw dealership
I'm not sure any vehicle would ever be the same again when the heart and soul of it has been replaced. In my opinion, the risk for more problems is much higher with something that major than not. If you think it's OK and decide to buy it, make sure you get the repair commitment in writing and have someone else look it over with you.
Actually I would take it to the bmw dealership to do the pre purchase inspection to make sure everything good on it the car come with M package and head up display and it's nice and the price around $11500
That's a great idea, but the inspection is only going to be as good as the person giving it. If BMW is going to honor any engine repairs then perhaps it will be okay. I would just make sure to get everything in writing. What they cover, what they don't cover, etc.

Just as long as it's not a third-party warranty. All of those upsell's they try to get you to buy at the dealership when you're purchasing a new vehicle rarely works out for the customer in my opinion. There's always a reason that you the claims get denied. Hope it works out for you if you decide to move forward.

Last edited by VirtualGuitars; 01-18-2019 at 11:48 PM..
Appreciate 1