07-31-2019, 11:53 AM   #40
Z K
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
Why would I hate it? I don't buy Coke or other soda.

Any way your post is a perfect example of what I'm saying. In the same paragraph you say the majority of people know it isn't good for them. Then a couple lines later you say educate them, but don't tax them. So which is it, they know or they don't know?

I think most know xyz is bad for them, but the disease and illness doesn't happen for years down the road so they don't think about it until it is too late. Either bad dietary decisions or other things like smoking/drinking too much. And when they are faced with huge bills to treat them they suddenly want it available and affordable, no matter what they believed previously.

You are gonna have to pay one way or another for it also. Either at the point of purchase or later in another form of a tax.
I'm saying I know, and most people probably know. For those they want to reach and teach, they can put up big billboards like the "smoking kills" ads they put everywhere or add labels to the coke bottles saying drinking excessive amounts of coke is not good for your health.

I don't drink coke that often but it's a treat when I do get one. Getting taxed on sugar added drinks is stupid. A bottle of orange juice has much more sugar in it than a can of coke. The coke gets the tax, not the orange juice.