mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRS View Post
Hi All

My wife and I are looking quite seriously at ordering a new X1 and would be very interested to know you’re opinions as to what you consider important when it comes to the specification best for resale in a few years time for an X1.
  • 1.8d or 2.0d?
  • sDrive or xDrive?
  • Leather or Anthracite/Median Cloth?
  • SatNav?
  • Bluetooth?
  • USB Interface?

Which colours do you all feel are safest for resale? Black, White, Silver…?

Your opinions would be very welcome.

Thanks;
Hi LRS,

I can give you a very generic idea of what generally is important in a "prestige" car in the UK although there are many different opinions on the matter.

Colour - Silver, Black, Blue are the "safest"
Leather seats
Sound upgrade
Wheel upgrade
Automatic
SatNav

Saying that the above might make your car easier to sell 3 years or so down the line but will probably only add about £1000 to the value of the car. Those options will cost you £4500 now!

As far as 1.8/2.0/2.3 is concerned, historically the smaller engines in each model have higher residuals. You will probably find the SDrive 1.8d or 2.0d manual will retain its value the best. The lower down the range you go the less options are expected (and of course they are a lot cheaper to begin with).

Or you can be like me and just say sod it, I have to live with the car for 3 years minimum so I put in what I like for safety/practical/fun reasons.

Hope I have not confused matters more for you, as I said its just my opinion as a car lover
Appreciate 0