d3l0n
I love the ///M3, but I want 550hp ///M5
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW330iE90

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by amsfoto View Post
Speaking for many younger people in my generation, I have to agree that the US has a big problem. But, the problem lies in the older generations who are stuck in their ways and hate anything that isn't American. Just the other day I was having dinner with relatives and the topic of my choice of music and fashion came up. I mentioned European culture, fashion, and the way of life was something that I admired. Everyone at the table got all up in arms about how anything European is bad and I shouldn't look up to Europeans...bla bla bla. It's really sad.

Most Americans are self absorbed rednecks at heart, and until these generations that are so stuck in their ways die off nothing is going to change. I am excited by new technologies and change, I would welcome lighter, smaller, more nimble automobiles that are better for our environment, but the older crowd in the US that grew up with huge steel boats with V8's aren't going to accept these changes.

It's sad but it's the truth...people are stubborn by nature, and seeing as how the US is a relatively new country, we have a lot of learning and adjusting to do. I don't think that we are the "best", we are far from it. The USA is like the out of control teenager who thinks he knows what's best for himself and everyone around him. Sometimes I'm ashamed to be part of this agenda.
I have to agree
Appreciate 0