United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I went by myself to see They Shall Not Grow Old last night. I'm moved by the sheer potential of the human race. I'm equally worried for the US, fearful that a Civil War is just around the corner, waiting to ignite.

When prisoners were taken, while there was still some visible animosity among combatants, there was also a huge realization that "Gerry" wasn't really all that different than your or I. Just doing what he was told, by his politicians. I imagine many of you distinguished veterans discovered that among all but the most heinous of your adversaries?

WTF is wrong with British oral health, though? These were 16-25 yo men who had no freaking teeth. The spoke about their kit including a toothbrush, but then said that was used almost exclusively to polish their buttons . . .

The final scene of the bandoliers, whom many we had seen before. The one poor kid was so shell-shocked it was hard to watch.
The kid with the shaking right hand, walking up the path? Haunting.

As for as teeth go, we are only seeing English kids. Other nations probably had equally bad, if not worse, oral health back then.
Appreciate 0