Bowties r cool ▶:◀
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09' 128i MT e88, 24'G05 X5 50e

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgoldenz View Post
Don’t know how anyone can not be a P-car fan
My first memory of Porsche is of a 914 that sat on the corner of a small car lot in Fort Wayne IN for 2yrs or so, did a image search and found a similar car for sale.

I'd see this car several times a week sometimes being looked at by a customer but never move, eventually the tires rotted then the lot moved, owner died or went out of business around 1984.

My second impression was at a pole barn around 1987 watching some bondo dry, a 924 or 928 don't remember exactly, what I do remember is when started rocked your jaw off it's hinges... no thank you, let's uhhh go cruising in the Monty Carlo SS again. Porsche in Fort Wayne in those days mostly was shipped from a stationed in Germany former military.

If the starter went out on the Chevy you went to Hires Auto Parts or NAPA or a GM dealer. If it went out on the Porsche 6-8weeks from za fatherland.

Now all in time considered- computers, cargo shipping, living in a major city, mass distribution and better everything. Mostly felt my love for BMW being on my 7th one, like them better and going to a car like anything Porsche offers I'll skip and just spend a tick more to get a Ferrari.

Now in our lives stereo types play into my lack of love for Porsche the forum friendliest being Sally Carrera from Pixar and plenty of Hollywoods douche of the year award winners. Not really fair compared to some of the BMW scenes I suppose, its a thing.

To end this novella, BMW has 86'd the next gen 2series RWD convertible. I love NA cars and that's why I drive a 128i. 718GTS 4.0 brings a whole new option, I can now justify the Porsche, cept first impressions is unchanged.
Appreciate 0