01-02-2021, 03:07 PM   #84
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP View Post
I had a chance to check out both the Palisade and the Telluride. Both very very solid vehicles for the price, I would argue the best products from both Hyundai and Kia. The Palisade to me seemed more luxurious and the Telluride seemed significantly better looking outside. Ultimately, the Hyundai seemed like a better deal because the KIA had an ADM... but 47k for an AWD model to me seems a bit much to pay for either a Kia or Hyundai. The major issue becomes when a 2 year old CPO X5 is available for similar money and in the X5 you get a much better engine, tranny, suspension... outside of that, these are very solid vehicles.
I hear ya, I thought about that route as well. Boiled down to longer warranty on a brand new vehicle, and I would assume the x5 would be more prone to issues down the road. Would also be the more expensive of the two to repair once warranty expires. X5 is also the smaller of the two vehicles, believe the telluride beats it in cargo space by around 10 cubic feet.

Problem we had with the Palisade is in order to get one aesthetically appealing enough for us we would have to get the calligraphy edition which prices out close to 50k. Still pumped about the deal we were able to get on the Telluride! Saved a solid chunk of money coming north, just cost some time.
Appreciate 1
ASAP10162.50