Rep
Drives: i5 M60, M5's, 535.335, M550i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by modthispny View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AddyDaddy View Post
So,
Like I think I've mentioned, it's so much hotter now than when I got the car and when I got Dinan that it's hard to say how much butt dyno feels. I will say this, I believe this is a great way to definitely add 40whp and a bunch of WTQ to the car. When I mention how hot it is, I believe it was in lower to mid 70's and last couple months it's been low to mid 90's, so you lose power with humidity and heat jumping up so much.
Bottom line is I like it, no it's not a full blown tune, but it's an improvement. Peace of mind is awesome being able to enjoy it without the lurking feeling that if something breaks or blows that you could lose a portion of your kids college fund.
When it gets cooler out I will do a couple runs at the track and a couple more with bypass plug in for traps and ET's.
where did you mount the unit? how difficult was the install?

when you take car to dealer for service, going to take it as-is? or put the bypass plug on?
I had extreme performance install it since they are approved installer according to Dinan. Want to say they charged $200 for install, maybe $300. Don't remember. I'm friendly with my SA and head shop guy at my dealer and they are cool about it and gave me certain advice of what to do before I brought it in if say something went wrong. Aside from that I wasn't advised to take it out before service
It's mounted on front right of engine bay by shock bolts. Kinda hidden if you didn't know what you were looking at
2019 M550 686BK Black Chrome 20"wheels, filters, Evolve Stage 1, Res delete
2024 i5 M60 Cape York Green
Appreciate 0