View Single Post
      01-21-2015, 12:15 PM   #1
jstnstr
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 M340xi

Help me decide on a watch [TAG Heuer, Breitling]

So I am considering investing in a nice watch in the near future. Finally completed grad school and have a good income so I want to reward myself with something I can appreciate for a while.

I am primarily between TAGs and Breitling. I have lusted after TAGs for a while, but always considered them far out of my price range. When deciding on spending a couple thousand I realized for a few hundred more I could get a Breitling, which I think for the fit and finish alone is a reason to spend a few extra hundred. Only looking at automatics and I've tried them on but haven't been able to narrow it down any more.

I am looking for something versatile where I can switch up the band and have it be appropriate for most all occasions. Here's what I like:

TAG Heuer Carrera Twin Time

I like it because it's attractive but not in your face or pretentious. But I'm afraid I may get bored of it after a while.

TAG Heuer Carrera Heritage

A bit more attractive, less boring than the twin time. I love the textured dial and blued steel numbers. But when I tried it on I wasn't dying to have it.

TAG Heuer Aquaracer

Breitling Colt Automatic White or Navy

Such a quality time piece. The name says it all and it's beautifully constructed, solid, and weighty. I just don't want to come across as screaming for attention or douchy.

What do you guys think?

Last edited by jstnstr; 01-21-2015 at 12:34 PM..
Appreciate 0