gunner
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black 2006 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [9.00]
Battery/Ignition issues- Dealer is no help

I'm having an issue with my car. About once a week the darn thing won't start when I put in the FOB and push the start button. I though it might be the steering wheel lock issue but I don't get that error displayed. If I keep trying, the car will eventually start. It might take about 5 tries of taking the FOB out and putting it back in.

Last Wednesday morning the car wouldn't start. Battery was dead. The car was in my garage overnight and as far as I can tell I didn't leave a light on or anything.

I've noticed in the past that I can't listen to the radio with the car off for more than a minute or two before getting a low battery warning.

I have 42000 miles on my car.

So I took it to the dealer yesterday to let them see if they could find anything wrong with it.

They tested the ignition and said they couldn't find anything that was causing the ignition to not work (no steering wheel lock issue).

This really pissed me off. They said that the battery needed charging but that the problem was due to "Unfavorable Customer Operating Profile" (UCOP). I made up the abbreviation but not what's in quotes.

They claimed that I had done something to damage the battery! I've not modded the car and the only thing I've ever plugged in was a phone charger!

They told me they couldn't replace the battery due to the UCOP code.

One other issue is the high rear brake light is defective. They tried to fix it at a 28000 mile service but it went right back out. Now they have ordered the part due to the "third brake lamp assembly internally faulty".

I asked if that could have been causing my electrical issues and they of course said no. So, I have to go back for the install of the third brake lamp.

Sorry for the long post but I had to vent somewhere.

To top it off, this morning the battery was dead again!

What do I do now???

Thanks.

Appreciate 0