View Single Post
      04-23-2024, 08:05 AM   #27
MisanoblueZ4
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2021 Z4 M40I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Bill View Post
The OP did warn that this topic would be controversial. The Z4 is a very seductive machine and was on my short list for the past two years. If it came in AWD I would have ended up choosing the Z. I am so happy with my tuned M240i that I would have wanted to juice the Z4 as well, but without AWD to keep things sorted in anything but ideal weather, probably not a good idea for me. I do understand the purist argument, but like fine wines, my palate is not sophisticated enough to enjoy the experience. I had a Boxster S and that experience was lost on me too. That doesn’t make the desire for an AWD Z4 wrong, just a different preference.
Top down driving in the smaller Z4 packaging makes the driving experience. That should be the main consideration buying a Z4.
I know there are those that wish for a “hardtop Z4” and that wish is completely lost on me as the Supra/M2 exist for that purpose.

As far as power goes, 0-60 in under 4 and low 12’s is pretty quick for a street car. The stock low end torque is great and gets up to speed fast on the street. Not once have I felt the Z4 was out of control on the street with squeezing the throttle and not driving in an unsafe manner.

Maybe on the track the limits of RWD would be more noticeable to me, on the street/curves driven spiritedly the tires/differentail keep the power down IMO with stock hp levels.
Appreciate 0