View Single Post
      03-05-2020, 03:47 PM   #48
MaximusB
Major
Rep
Drives: 13 Frozen White E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
crap... is this coronavirus going to be a problem for my trip with the baby?
i booked parts of the trip... but now i'm holding off because i don't know how bad things will get

i'm not too worried for myself. i'm in relatively good health and i can probably just deal with it
but don't want to expose the baby to anything unnecessarily

the whole reason for planning this Vancouver trip was because originally my wife and I were going to visit our remaining grandparents in Korea
wife has both grandmothers left, my maternal grandmother is the last surviving one for me
my grandma's in the convalescent home and we don't foresee her living too much longer
but we decided to postpone our trip due to the coronavirus spreading through Korea
now it seems that nowhere is safe
Hard to predict. Overall here in Vacouver there aren't any special precautionary measures being taken. IE. no closure of schools or businesses. Although I just saw on twitter that two secondary schools are closed today because a student has the virus. Depends where you go, some store shelves are more empty than usual as people are buying up supplies. But for the most part I would stay everything are fairly normal.

If you do go to Victoria, make a stop at Hoyne Brewing Company and try their Dark Matter. Very good dark beer.
Appreciate 0