View Single Post
      09-11-2009, 08:40 PM   #1
94JZA80
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1994 BPU Supra

EPIC BUILD!!! - Top Mount PT6262 M Coupe Turbo

as the title suggests, my brother Brian has been performing surgery on his 1999 Z3 M Coupe for the past month or so with the help of our good friend and fabricator Shawn of Fifteen52 (1552v2.com). i originally wanted to start this thread back when Brian first started the project, but i just didn't have the time until now. at this point, the build part of the project is essentially done and is just awaiting a tune. however i will do my best to "cut and paste" the pictures and updates from another forum so that you can all see the progress and ask questions. i'm sure some of you are members on one or more of the boards we posted a build thread on (such as bimmerforums.com), and may already be familiar with this particular build. nevertheless, i thought this would be a good place to post it as well, since you 135i and 335i guys are boost junkies too . currently i don't believe either Brian or Shawn are members here, but i will get them to create accounts so they can converse and field questions as well. so without further ado, on to the build...

Parts List:
Precision PT6262, Billet Wheel, 4” Inlet, 3” V-band exhaust, .81 a/r
Tubular Top Mount Manifold
Tial 44 Wastegate
Aluminum Intake manifold w/ front mounted throttle body (Supra style)
MLS .140 head spacer
ARP head studs
Precision 750hp FMIC
3” Intercooler plumbing
Tial 50mm BOV
3” SS Turboback Exhaust
Mocal Oil Cooler with Ireland Engineering Filter cap
Dehrale Power Steering Cooler
AEM Truboost EBC
AEM Uego Wideband
AEM water/meth
MaximumPSI Fuel Rail with 6an feed and return
Aeromotive FPR
Aeromotive 6an inline filter

custom tune by Nick G.

power goal: 500whp on 93 octane, 600+whp on 100 octane & meth

...and on to some pictures:

rough turbo placement (notice the sheet metal that was hammered to make the exhaust side of the turbo fit):

Last edited by 94JZA80; 09-12-2009 at 11:19 AM..
Appreciate 0