ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStreak2018 View Post
This is on my 2018 530i, may be different for other years:

I don't have the LCD remote so don't know what additional parking feature is included with that but I have auto parking and here are the steps I go through to use it

1) When I get to a row or column of cars with parking spaces in between I press the parking button on the console, lit in green in the photo below

You can set this to happen automatically when you slow down moving by cars but I find that annoying sometimes so I initiate manually.

2) As you move along the cars and spaces the radar will identify a suitable space and you will hear a sound at which time if you wish to take that space you will STOP, or if you dont like that spot just keep moving for another space to be recognized.

3) After you stop you must use the indicate to confirm which side of the car, left or right is the parking space you are to park in

4) It may ask you to also state if you want to parallel park or park perpendicularly (you likely get this if there are seveal empty perpendicular spaces next to each other). Choose the appropriate orientation

5) Say ok to any warning prompts put your foot on the break, at the same time using your finger press and hold down the auto parking button on the console (same button as step 1)

6) Holding the parking button down release the break, if you have done everything correctly the car will start parking itself. The whole time it is doing that you are holding down the parking button. If you release it the car will stop and cancel the whole operation.

It is a cool feature but to be honest I use it as a novelty factor, often there are cars behind me waiting to pass and it takes too long so I just park manually.
I wondered how this works. I've had the car just over a year and have never used this function.
Appreciate 0