02-20-2014, 07:23 PM   #8
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by gee-m-w View Post
CCB is absolutely the way to go. Capitalize the cost of the brakes in the price of the car. Get something that's been tested and will work perfectly. BBK is hard to get perfect the first time.

I think the option will only end up costing USD $6900 or less.
I think you have it backwards. CCB is hard to get right the first time... just ask the Porsche guys who bought first gen CCB. The BBK's are pretty much just a new mounting bracket and that's it. Brembo, StopTech, AP all have hundreds of different calipers and they'll find one that matches up well with the stock master cylinder.

OP said he's going to track it, which will signficantly shorten the life of the rotor. You'll also be limited on what pads you can use. Porsche guys who used other track pads ruined their CCB rotors much faster than the ones who used the Porsche track pads.

Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0