View Single Post
      03-17-2014, 02:31 PM   #1
335ItotheSky
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '13 335i M-Sport 8AT-Sport

M4 vs. ANY Vehicle Around $100-$120k?

I fully realize this is comparing apples to oranges, both in price, and performance figures. But, a certain someone wants me to get rid of certain 2-wheeled vehicles, in exchange for _____ or any vehicle around $100k. Well, who am I to argue?

In any event- I'm going back and forth between a few choices .

The Z06, the Viper GTS/TA, the GT-R, a flame-broiled Porsche GT3 (yeah I know it's over said allowance, but begging sometimes works...hmmm...)

I'm very concerned with quality and and I like to drive my "toy" vehicles VERY hard. It's been years since I've had a domestic vehicle, at least a "domestically designed" vehicle.

Naturally, the Viper and Z06 outperform the M4 in acceleration and most handling situations (save for braking), etc., but, the refinement of the M4 (based on past BMW products) is something that can't easily be found, and it's nice to have a "toy" that can be driven for more than 100-miles without beating the cr_p out of one's rear end, or having a cheap U.S. made wiring harness fail; so on and so forth... The GT-R has performance figures that are world class, but in my opinion it's one ugly looking vehicle!

Any thoughts? Have I missed any notable vehicles? I know a lot of "used" automobiles fall into this price category, but primarily I'm only looking for new vehicles, unless there was something with 2k miles that was just a miracle (a late model DB9 for $105k, yes I'm dreaming, I know)...

My life really sucks right now (extreme sarcasm)
'12 s1000rr, blue, all options, 100% stock, 200 mi.,
'00 R1150GS

Last edited by 335ItotheSky; 03-17-2014 at 02:35 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0