Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Bmw 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmond79 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burniksapwet View Post
Have you guys done anything since to get the airflow better. I got a new to me 2017 g30 as well and I am not happy with the ac system. If the newer models have been improved upon cam we retrofit it to a 2017 model? Please advise guys. Thanks.
I just took on a Certified 2017 540i and asked them to check the AC. They did not. Noticed the AC was weak and almost nonexistent on center passenger side.

I took the car in the next day for Service.

I was called the next day and they said I was correct, that BMW has a tech bulletin. They made foam pads in the system that were too large and they blocked the air. How did that pass QC? They installed the new smaller pads.

AC is now cold and blowing even like a Cat 4 Hurricane (significant improvement).

Ask them to check the tech bulletins and take out the large pads.
Thanks a lot. Mind providing the service tech bulletin number (if it has one) so that they don't bullshit me in saying there is no such thing. I already brought mine and they said nothing is wrong. They said that is blowing normal which is obviously BS. So if I can give them a specific service bulletin number they can't say anything about that. Thank you.
Appreciate 0