08-08-2021, 08:00 PM   #10
Fritzer
No one sleep in Tokyo
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 328i//1995 E34 530i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosscoeP View Post
Certainly I have wondered about the trunklid spoiler so that is an option.
Yeah just look on ECS Tuning or Turner or some BMW modification website. All of them have different versions/variations. The basic M3 one or the BMW Performance ones are what I prefer.

Quote:
I would like to lower the suspension slightly but where live there are a lot of speed bumps so I need to consider scraping my front skirt.
Honestly, the car looks fine as low as it is right now, I think. You will get negligible improvement in handling. You don't need it any lower, I think it's perfect. Especially in Edinburgh, those roads are really rough.

Quote:
As for the remapping, indeed i'm unsure about doing that let alone whether it's necessary versus risks to the engine and related parts
A basic ECU tune, throttle re-map, and maybe a transmission re-map wouldn't put significantly noticeable extra wear on the components. But if you just get the basic package of mapping and a slight engine tune, you will not even notice it in terms of wear. But for that car, it will be night and day in terms of performance. Seriously.

The one thing that I am unsure of is the hybrid nature of the car being a 330e. You should do research/check with a tuner if there will be any complications with the hybrid system. I have a feeling it won't be an issue at all, but better to be safe than sorry!

Quote:
The wheels are Veemann which I believe are good quality and the seem to be from my limited expertise, some people think the different wheels style looks good on this car and some don't (like my own 10 year old son!) but this wheels style is something i've always liked on almost any car!
Haven't heard of that company. They look quite nice, hopefully not too heavy! Are they 20"?