JDMSteven
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 F13 M6, '94 JDM Supra

Garage List
2013 BMW M6  [10.00]
Talking My 2004 Lexus IS 300 Sport Design 5MT

Grew up a JDM kid (hence my username) and this was one of my dream cars. Finally found one for sale earlier this year that seemed too good to be true, but it was exactly as advertised and I jumped on it! 1 of about 1,500 manual 2004 models, and has the much rarer Sport Design package, which gives you titanium housing headlights & tail lights, black pearl badging & grille, unique wheels, and a full double-stitched leather interior. It's also finished in a Sport Design exclusive color called Thunder Cloud Metallic. My particular car has a few more options, like the Torsen Limited Slip Differential (YAY!)

Came across the ad on Craigslist while at work one day. Set the location to Tampa Bay (about an hour from me) and typed in Lexus, and it was the first thing that popped up. Spoke with the owner and I went down that night and bought it.

He was the original owner, and was a former dealer technician turned service manager, Florida since new. It was his pride and joy, he had the window sticker, the brochure, all the books, 3 keys, and a clean Carfax with about 20 pages of service history. The only modification is a period correct HKS Super Drager axle-back exhaust, which is very quiet and refined. It has 242k miles on it and runs like the day it rolled off the showroom floor; the 2JZ is such a stout engine with routine maintenance!

My plans are to bring everything up to OEM specs, replace the motor with a lower mileage model, boost it, and swap the weak OEM transmission for something a little more robust; with the goal being maybe 400ish hp. It will stay almost completely stock appearance wise, except for coilovers for a mild drop and better handling & a TRD front bumper or a lip, along with IS250/350 F-Sport 18" wheels. For now, it alternates between a few of my cars as daily driver and I enjoy rowing thru the gears, revving out that N/A Inline 6 and cruising.
Attached Images

Appreciate 6
wtwo317971.00
ggunn9160.00
ntg442888.50
stein_325i25083.00
nicholasn261.00
Tacoma944.50