View Single Post
      07-26-2019, 05:40 PM   #3
AddyDaddy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: i5 M60, M5's, 535.335, M550i

Garage List
I like the guy from evolve and his demeanor AND his videos. He's been around for a while and I've emailed him a couple times over the years on a couple of my cars. From what I have come to understand is there are a couple ways tunes are detected.
I just learned the date stamp on the ecu meaning if you bring it in and somethings broke and you flashed back to stock the ecu is going to show a born on date of the flash and not the older date it should be(if I understood correctly). Or they see certain values that are way out of range of a stock ecu. Also in past have heard BMW has had ecu's mailed to Germany for inspection and understand they can see everything even if you've tried to wipe it clean. I don't know any of this but it's what reputable pros in the field have said and what I've read. I was also just told that BMW just put a new roadblock on our ecu's a couple weeks ago( I posted a thread the day it happened when a high end performance shop got the bulletin from BMW).

I just keep running into well known tune companies with OTS tunes not really showing a real baseline and after results, I see a lot of them going off of what bmw says and what they add to that number for their tune, just my observation and slight frustration.
I did see how evolve did a stock run on his f90 M5 and then upload his OTS tune and dyno it right after with great gains. I went with dinans conservative piggy tune because they stand behind it if you break something. I see autohaus does same thing but haven't seen a G30 M550 tune from them yet.
Needless to say I'm looking for a bit more than the Dinan I have but is what it is
2019 M550 686BK Black Chrome 20"wheels, filters, Evolve Stage 1, Res delete
2024 i5 M60 Cape York Green
Appreciate 0