View Single Post
      06-27-2019, 08:40 AM   #53
MHendricks82
United_States
Rep
Drives: M550i

Figured I would post this here, given the recent thread.

Sorry in advance for the long story. Here's what I have done on my car: Dinan Stage 1 with Dinan exhaust.
I've been pleased with day-to-day driving and response, albeit a little slower than I would like (given the warranty aspect, they're going to play it safe so I get this point). I ran my car in a 1/2 mile race this past weekend in Colorado Springs and got to 136 mph before getting a Drivetrain Malfunction warning that cut power to the engine. This was on the first run and only run as I couldn't get the error to clear before they closed for the competition results. I didn't use LC and had it in Sport Plus. I was hoping to try a couple different combinations (LC and Sport +, just Sport) to see how the results varied, but will have to wait until next year. When we left the race, the Drivetrain Malfunction message cleared and hasn't come back. I'm guessing the car was just pissed at me--temps were comfortable (around 50), but I was sitting idle for about 15 minutes before running so it could've just been the ECU feeling the heat and throwing the message. There were a lot of different factors at play, including altitude, but was hoping for low to mid-140's which was what a stock F90 ran last year (one this year with a tune ran 153).

In the end, it would be interesting to see the results from a different tune. If there's nothing new from Dinan in the next year, I might roll the dice on something different before next year's run (although the DT Malfunction had me a little worried).
Attached Images

Appreciate 0